[FEEDBACK] Notifications

#6
by victor - opened
Hugging Face org
โ€ข
edited Jul 19, 2022

This discussion is dedicated to feedback about the new notification center + settings.
Docs are available here. Your feedback is really valuable so don't hesitate to share anything about it ๐Ÿค—.

image.png

+1 on having non email notifications.

Hugging Face org

It's live now @TimeRobber !

deleted
โ€ข
This comment has been hidden
โ€ข
This comment has been hidden

I've disabled notifications for certain orgs, but they're still showing in my inbox. Guessing this is just blocking future notifications. Would be nice if this would filter out existing notifications too (or if I had another way to do that).

Would also be nice to be able to shift+click to select multiple boxes so I can more easily bulk mark notifications as read.

Hugging Face org

Would also be nice to be able to shift+click to select multiple boxes so I can more easily bulk mark notifications as read.

Yes, that's a low priority but I agree.

Please support notification routing like what Github does. Organizational and personal notifications should go into different mailboxes.

Hello hope you can help me
I am looking for a batch face swapper that can process up to 20 images at a time. Please help, thank you

I received the token, but I am getting an "Error: Access denied" message. Approval is required for this repository. How do I resolve this issue? And is this problem related to billing or not?

huggingface_hub sometimes crashes on big files when on networks like Starlink ... is there a work-around ? ... GPT says to disable Xet, concurrency, etc ... see crash error message below ... also, mid-download of many many GBs gets wiped-out and cannot resume ... please fix ASAP ...

(uvpvenv) MINGW64
$ hf download ggml-org/Qwen3-Coder-Next-GGUF --repo-type=model --local-dir ./models--ggml-org--Qwen3-Coder-Next-GGUF/
Fetching 3 files: 67%|โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ | 2/3 [2:05:18<1:02:39, 3759.30s/it]
Traceback (most recent call last):.): 8%|โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ– | 6.53GB / 84.8GB, 32.1MB/s
File "", line 203, in _run_module_as_main | 0/3 [00:00<?, ?it/s]
File "", line 88, in run_code
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Scripts\hf.exe_main
.py", line 10, in
sys.exit(main())
~~~~^^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\cli\hf.py", line 133, in main
app()
~~~^^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1569, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1490, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\cli_cli_utils.py", line 131, in invoke
return super().invoke(ctx)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1970, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 1353, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\click\core.py", line 907, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\cli_framework.py", line 365, in handler
return func(**call_kwargs)
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\cli\download.py", line 225, in download
_print_result(run_download())
~~~~~~~~~~~~^^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\cli\download.py", line 187, in run_download
return snapshot_download(
repo_id=repo_id,
...<10 lines>...
dry_run=dry_run,
)
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\utils_validators.py", line 88, in _inner_fn
return fn(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub_snapshot_download.py", line 522, in snapshot_download
hf_thread_map(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
_inner_hf_hub_download,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
...<3 lines>...
tqdm_class=tqdm_class,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
)
^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\utils\tqdm.py", line 441, in hf_thread_map
results[future_to_index[future]] = future.result()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^
File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\uv\python\cpython-3.14-windows-x86_64-none\Lib\concurrent\futures_base.py", line 447, in result
return self.__get_result()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^
File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\uv\python\cpython-3.14-windows-x86_64-none\Lib\concurrent\futures_base.py", line 396, in __get_result
raise self._exception
File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\uv\python\cpython-3.14-windows-x86_64-none\Lib\concurrent\futures\thread.py", line 86, in run
result = ctx.run(self.task)
File "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\uv\python\cpython-3.14-windows-x86_64-none\Lib\concurrent\futures\thread.py", line 73, in run
return fn(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub_snapshot_download.py", line 502, in _inner_hf_hub_download
hf_hub_download( # type: ignore
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
repo_id,
^^^^^^^^
...<14 lines>...
dry_run=dry_run,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
)
^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\utils_validators.py", line 88, in _inner_fn
return fn(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\file_download.py", line 998, in hf_hub_download
return _hf_hub_download_to_local_dir(
# Destination
...<16 lines>...
dry_run=dry_run,
)
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\file_download.py", line 1457, in _hf_hub_download_to_local_dir
_download_to_tmp_and_move(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
incomplete_path=paths.incomplete_path(etag),
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
...<8 lines>...
tqdm_class=tqdm_class,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
)
^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\file_download.py", line 1960, in _download_to_tmp_and_move
xet_get(
~~~~~~~^
incomplete_path=tmp_path,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
...<4 lines>...
tqdm_class=tqdm_class,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
)
^
File "C:\msys64\home\utils\uvpvenv\Lib\site-packages\huggingface_hub\file_download.py", line 565, in xet_get
with session.new_file_download_group(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
token_refresh_url=xet_file_data.refresh_route,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
...<2 lines>...
progress_callback=progress.update_progress,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
) as group:
^
RuntimeError: Task error: File reconstruction error: CAS Client Error: Format error: I/O error: error decoding response body

+1 on having non email notifications.00

/

Hi, Every one.

I'm just looking for an easy way to setup email notifications for only new repo releases, NOT discussions, and I can't seem to find a way to do it. First time tried watching a user, I see I can filter notifications by repo categories even, yet not by events. So I get spammed left and right with emails of every single post in the discussions of a new model, yet I don't get the email for the actual new model release. Do I really need to utilize another site just to get a simple, basic function like this from Huggingface?

Hi JustData,

I understand your concern. Currently, Hugging Face notification settings may not provide granular event-level filtering to distinguish repository releases from discussion activity. This can result in receiving notifications for discussions while missing important release updates.

A practical workaround would be to use the Hugging Face API or RSS feeds, where available, to monitor specific repositories for new releases. Alternatively, a lightweight automation using the Hugging Face Hub API could periodically check for new model commits or repository updates and trigger email notifications only when a new release is detected.

Ideally, Hugging Face should offer event-specific notification controls, such as Releases, Discussions, and Repository Updates, allowing users to subscribe only to the events they care about.

I hope this helps clarify the technical side of the issue.

Sign up or log in to comment